Inga, represents the “Arch Noah” – a seed saving organization based in Austria and in Brussels.
Here, sitting in Peliti’s Seed House with Panagiotis Sainatoudis – the inspiration and directing force behind the seed group PELITI in Greece – Inga discusses on the current situation with traditional seeds in Austria, and how home gardeners, farmers but also governmental policies treat them.
Also, what was has been the impact of the European Union reforming the Seed Marketing Law, and how did that legislation trigger a cooperation of Seed Saving groups all across Europe?
This meeting took place during the 1st Global Meeting for Commons, an event dedicated to Seed Freedom, Food Freedom and Earth Demogracy on 15-18th April 2015 in Paranesti, Greece.
The event was organized by Peliti (www.peliti.gr) and was supported by:
- The Municipality of Paranesti, (http://paranesti.gr)
- The Centre for Environmental Education of Paranesti, (http://kpeparanestiou.gr)
- Seedfreedom (http://seedfreedom.info),
- Navdanya, (http:///www.navdanya.org)
- Lucha Indígena (http://www.luchaindigena.com)
- Red de Guardianes de Semillas (http://redsemillas.org)
Watch Vandana Shiva’s brief message at the 1st Global Meeting for the Commons, here.